Monday, January 3, 2011

The Krazy Coupon Lady


Ok so heres another amazing website to check out. I have been couponing for a little while but nothing crazy. I do love a freebie here and there but I'm no expert in couponing. So this past wednesday morning I received an email about this show, Extreme Couponging, I so wanted to watch. Unfortunately I could not watch due to a crazy 6yr old's 3 hour tantrum. I did get a chance to check out the info on this show on the TLC website. This lead me to my new favorite coupon website. The site is called The Krazy Coupon Lady. This site not only is for experienced couponers but also the "coupon virgins" as they call us. They have a 10 day course if you want to take it (if you can handle it it can be done in less then a day). My favorite part of this website is their awesome coupon binder stuff. I was able to print off the index and all 37 categories. They also explain how to get a binder and organize all your coupons. I had all my supplies on hand from scrapbooking. I had the binder, baseball card holders, and transparent page holders. Here is my binder so far. Please keep in mind I just started this and it is NO WHERE near finished.


First my cover (work in progress) I'm waiting for my new VistaPrint gear to make a real cover

Second my random pocket (things I haven't figured out where to file) and my index page

Third I have coupon policys for all places I shop

Fourth I have some stock up price lists (if its under a certain price stock up) and my first page of coupons. I dont have alot of baseball card holders so some pages will look like this with the coupons just stuck in the page protector.

Fifth my coupons in baseball card holders

and last but not least sixth... due to lack of enough holders I used sticky tabs to make general areas such as cookie dough, oil, frosting ect.

I would love to see how yours is coming. Feel free to email me and I'll share it! :) I'll be posting more as I update as well.

3 comments:

  1. I love it Stacey! I need to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Took her out for her maiden voyage last night. Heres a tip... get a cloth zipper one. I had a terrible time with the binder slipping all over the place in the cart and because it was slipping it fell on the floor and dumped a bunch of coupons. I love the concept but need a different binder lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you can take basic page protectors and sew them to make more coupon holders? Most Novice couponers make it with 4 pockets but it is actually Ideal for holding 3 Internet coupons vertical and then one right across the bottom. So you still get 4 spots but it is perfect for internet coupons.

    Otherwise you can easily make 6-9 pockets.
    You can just sew the lines and then cut the openings, or you can add paper and make it double sided. Which ever way you do it, Page Protectors are only $4 for 50 at walmart and 100 is $6-7

    Another Idea is to grab atleast 2-3 sheets of biz card holders and then stick all your store cards in them. I leave the opening right across from each store card open, so when I have Extra care bucks or store rewards, I stick them in there. That way I remember to use them when paying.

    Walmart has a $10 binder you might like. Its the same I use. It has a accordion file on the inside flap, perfect for circulars. It also has a bunch of pen and zippered stoarge areas on the front and inside too. I check over 15 different binders and this one is the best!It has a spot for a ID. Where i keep a small calculator, and 3 zipper pockets on the front. The Folder sleeves inside are actually sideways so nothing falls out. So Far Im loving it, and it was cheaper than the rest.
    Here is a link.
    http://www.mygofer.com/shc/s/p_10175_27151_05053659900P

    ReplyDelete