Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Free Helpful Apps

There are TONS of free apps out there. The following is a list of ones I myself have researched and am enjoying. I do not have an Iphone but I do have the Ipod Touch. There are others that work for the Iphone but these will work on both.



I Love Free Things- Just like their website but now you have updates right on your Ipod. Keep up with freebie offers even when your not home.

Giftbox Holiday Shopping List- Keep track of who you buy for and what you buy them easily. This is a good way to not over buy for someone. It gives you a place to list what you have purchased for each person. I also note next to each item where I have hid the present. I'm beyond forgetful. This will save on searching last minute for your hiding place.

Free Stuff Times- Just like the I Love Free Things app. Never miss another freebie or sample again.

Amazon.com- When your in a store and you see a great deal but you think to yourself "is this cheaper online" look no further then your trusty Ipod. You can quickly check the rate online (think shipping as well) and deside if the deal is best.

Ask Dave Ramsey- From what I have gathered on this app, its a call in show that discusses different money saving ideas. This app has audio clips of the answers and also written out versions. You can search by topic to narrow your question/answers.

Yard Sale Mapper- Now where was this app this past summer! This thing is AMAZING. It takes all of the craigslist yardsales and puts them at your fingertips and get this they are all on a map. Never will I again spend a whole day mapping out the best route for hitting the most yard sales. Also when you click on the yard sale you are heading for it gives you a look at their ad.

The Better Buy- If you are like me you have stood in front of a large amount of product in a store and wondered to yourself "is it better to buy this for this or that for that". Well rack you brain no more! This app is just great. Here is the explaination from Coupon Cravings:
"Here’s how it works. If you have the prices for two comparable items, just enter the price and the quantity (e.g., 24 cans, 12 rolls, 14.5 oz, etc.) for the first item, then the same for the second item. In a flash, The Better Buy will tell you which is the better deal.
I especially like this app because many times I’ll be at the grocery store planning to buy the larger bottle of ketchup or dishwasher detergent but then will notice that the smaller bottle is marked down. No longer will I need to try to figure out the math in my head, The Better Buy will be able to tell me on the spot which one I should purchase."

Sale Saver- This is like The Better Buy. When your out shopping and you dont know what the price of something would be after the % off, this app will do the work for you. You can even set the sales tax so you get the REAL price.

Yoink- This is like the mobile version of freecycle. Its new so you may not have as many free things as freecycle or free on craigslist. I'm sure this will take off with the amount of Ipod and Iphone users out there! On my first try there were 3 listed.

Wi-Fi Finder- This one is great for someone like me who has the Ipod Touch not the Iphone. It locates free and paid Wi-Fi.

Well those look to be the best ones. If any others are located of course I'll post them. If you know of one please dont hesitate to tell me I missed it. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment